Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm here with random thoughts

There is so much I want to say, but the words aren't forming. Maybe I'll make a list.

* I'm sad for a friend. A very dear friend seems to have temporarily lost track of where she is heading in life. I believe deep down inside she knows the way, but I feel helpless in guiding her. I pray often for her and I have faith that she will find her way back. In the meantime, she has found dangerous ways of dealing with the stuff she encounters while being off track. I'm sad! :(

* Poor Lil Princess had a flu bug last night. While I was at work she vomited 9 times. She did it again another 4 or 5 after I got home, but she seems better now. She hasn't eaten much yet, so that will be the true test, I guess. I sure hope she is better. There is few things worse than watching a baby with dry heaves.

* Work seems better this semester. This is our 3rd week (out of 15). So far I have only had a couple of students drop. Overall, the students seem responsive, interested, and attentive. For the first time in a LONG time, there isn't one student who really stands out as a red flag. What a relief! One thing that I have this semester, that I didn't have before is a program that allows met to see the computer screens of each of the students while they are working. They are aware that I have that option and it has made a HUGE difference. I love technology!

* We leave for Florida next week and I am so excited. I am looking forward to sandy beaches, sunshine and relaxation. Please pray that everyone is healed from their head colds and that the flu bug doesn't appear in anyone else...we need to be healthy to have the most fun in Florida.

* My good friend is meeting with her SW today to receive their completed home study this morning. I can hardly stand it, I am so excited for her. She already has her eye (and heart) on a couple of cuties in Ohio. If all works out, she may have her kiddos home by summer...I'm praying!!!

* I started sewing again last week. I wanted to buy a Mei Tai for Lil Princess for traveling because the carrier I had for her (a hand-me-down) was not comfortable at all to wear. I looked online and realized the price for Mei Tais so I decided to make one on my own...it was a little ambitious for me, but I succeeded...I have a great carrier that Princess LOVES to be in. I enjoyed it so much that I bought more fabric to make more. A friend already ordered one and if that one goes as well as the first, I might make more to sell...we'll see. Anyway, I haven't taken a pic of myself with Princess in the carrier on me yet. When I do, I will share it here. Hopefully that will be later today or tomorrow.

I suppose I should go take a shower and try to wake up a bit more. Both girls are now awake and ready for the day. It amazes me that children can be up half the night and still act like they had a full nights sleep and as an adult, it nearly wrecks ya! Strange, huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still praying that the first friend.

OK, so I want to come to Florida with the fam. If you pass through Central Ohio, I'm stowing away! *grin*

I would love to see the carrier you made. What's the weight limit on those? 'Kenna's up to 26 pounds already, and getting hard to carry for long stretches, but she WANTS to be carried all the time!

Oh, off topic for a second, "congrats" on the new Miss America coming from Michigan! I caught the end of the pageant the other night...

All right, I'm off to see Anita's site to offer my excitement and support!

Love ya,
Min

Erin said...

Are you coming to near us in Florida?

AJS said...

Erin- We are going to be in the Sarasota/Bradenton area, so I don't think that is near you, is it???

Mindy- We'll fly over you on the way to Florida and if you jump real high, we let you be a stow away, for sure.

Yay for Ms. America (formerly Ms. Michigan!) I didn't watch the pageant, but was happy to know that she came from our great state! :D

The carriers hold up to about 35 pounds. I put Grace in it, on my back (she weighs 32 lbs) and it was ok, but not super comfy. Better than holding her in my arms, however.

Anita said...

What a list... thanks for the prayers for us! Praying for what concerns you, my friend.

Mainly, I want you ALL to be all better for your trip next week!