Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Breaking Free-Part 1

I am so excited to have started my second Beth Moore study. This one is called Breaking Free. It is an intense 11 week study that helps Christians break free of oppressions in our lives.

Last night was the first one and although she had an entire video filled with incredible things, there was one thing that really stood out to me. It was her 6th point..."God sees the potential of His children and appoints the experiences necessary for them to fulfill their destinies (Judges 6:11-16).

For those that know me personally and for those that have read some of my "story" here on my blog, you know that a lot of good and not so good things have happened in our lives in the past 4 years. I personally think I have done a great job not letting things get me down, but it is so reassuring to know that God "appoints experiences" to make me the Godly woman he wants me to be.

I am not a loose feather just floating around in the wind. I am a person that God knows intimiately. He knows his plans for me even when I haven't a clue.

Thank you, God!

4 comments:

Anita said...

I'm glad you are continueing with this study, it sounds like one that I could learn from too. Maybe I should check into Beth Moore studies at our area churches. Who wouldn't benefit from breaking free of oppressions!

LL said...

I really wish I could take part in her study too! It sounds so rewarding. And yes, He does have a plan.

Anonymous said...

That study sounds wonderful. Is that a book or DVD series?

AJS said...

Annie, it is a DVD series that has a book that accompanys it. I have only done a couple of days from the book, but I am VERY impressed. The book is called, "Breaking Free-Making Liberty in Christ a Reality of Life"