Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Are his hands still dirty?

We have a bedtime ritual around here. First I read 2 books to Lil Bug (and Princess too, if she will sit still to listen). One of the books must be Biblically based or about God. The other can be whatever Bug picks out. Often she picks out two Biblical stories. We sit on the couch and she drinks some juice or milk. Next we brush teeth and head to bed. We pray, ask for blessings on our loved ones and then I sing 2 songs and she is off to sleep.

Sunday night (Easter Sunday) was a bit different. It was the same until the prayer but Bug stopped me part way through the prayer and started bombarding me with questions about Jesus and God.

"Is Mary sad?"

"Why did Mary get to have Jesus in her belly?"

"Why did Jesus die?"

"Did you cry when Jesus died?"

"Are his hands still dirty?"

"Where does Jesus live?"

"Will you hold my hand when I die?"

"Can I take my big teddy bear with me to Heaven?"

"Will Jesus play with me when I see Him in Heaven?"

"Lets get ready for Heaven, Mommy!!!!"

I got to explain to her about Jesus' great sacrifice and what that means to us. I explained that when she is ready, she will be able to have Jesus live in her heart. I kept things fairly simple for now, she is only 3 for goodness sake.

This conversation made me happy. My oldest baby is quickly turning into such a smart little girl. She wants to know Jesus. She will have a boring testimony and I am ok with that! I can't wait for the day she proclaims Jesus as HER FATHER! What a celebration we will have! :)

2 comments:

Anita said...

Such cute little Bug questions and inquries! I love it that she'll have a boring testimony!!

LL said...

AWESOME post! Children are amazing! Part of her testimony will be you teaching her about Christ.