Friday, March 7, 2008

Finally...vacation pics

Photobucket
This is our very first flight of our trip. See the guy in the background? Lil Bug didn't stop talking to this poor man. He was very tolerant of my little chatter bug.

Photobucket
My dad with Lil Bug the first morning...it was kind of chilly considering we were on the Mexico border.

Photobucket
This is not atypical for lawn ornaments in this area. Sadly, this is in my dads front yard! Bug loed the donkey, however. :)

Photobucket
Yummy! Fresh grapefruit...one of my favorite fruits. This tree is in my dads side yard. I brought 1/2 dozen of them home with me and have been enjoying them here in cold Michigan. Somehow eating it brings warmth here.

Photobucket
Princess with her grandpa D

Photobucket
CHEEEEESE!!!!

Photobucket
Double CHEEEEESE!!!

Photobucket
My safari girl

Photobucket
Lil Princess just hanging out...finally it was warm

Photobucket
I went to the store and bought this walker so Princess had something to play in while we were at my dads. I boxed it up and brought it home with us. She loves it!

Photobucket
Tell me this doesn't shout of old peopleville! For a pasttime, we drove around on this golf cart. The girls loved it.

Photobucket
On one of our rides both girls fell asleep on me. :)

Photobucket
This statue of Jesus is on South Padre Island. It is beautiful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Playing in the sand at the island. Princess even liked her toes in the sand this time!

Photobucket
The girls in the hospital bed. They were such troopers. Princess enjoyed hanging out with her sister.

Photobucket
How do you really feel about that hospital food?

Photobucket
Just chillin' out at the hospital

Photobucket
One of those dorky self inflicted photographs! I wanted documentation that I was indeed at the hospital with them. :) You can easily tell by the dark circles under my eyes that it was a rough vacation!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Isn't she just gorgeous?!?!

Photobucket
Say what?

Photobucket
This is the blanket Diane made for Bug

Photobucket
And this is Diane with Bug...the smile says a big "thank you" for the blankie!

4 comments:

LL said...

Beautiful pics of you and the girls. Thanks for shairng. What a sweet lady Diane is!

Anita said...

Ummm, hello? Are those Crocs Athens I see on your feet? The pic of Princess in the walker is priceless! I LOVE anything with Bug in it!

Anonymous said...

I came to your site as I was researching mexican lawn ornaments! I actually have a mexican man ornament like your dad's, but has since lost the donkey. This was at my parents house for years and I had to bring him with me when my dad died and my mother moved from the house. I infact love mine, crazy I know, it scares most of those who pull up in our drive. I guess my question was to know if you had any idea where it is from or made of, etc. Any info would be great. I am searching for maybe the original coloring and a new donkey. Thank you so much. I hope to hear from you soon. Cori Hill ~ Marysville, California

AJS said...

Cori,

I don't know how to contact you except to respond here and hope that you check back here.

I spoke with my dad and he said that he purchased the duo at a yardsale, but that they are available for sale in Mexico. He may know the name of a store...he was going to check the next time he was in that area and get me a name to share with you.

It is made of concrete and wire.

Please email me at luckybugboutique (@) sbcglobal (.) com (no spaces and no parenthesis) if you read this and I will try to get more info from my dad.