Friday, December 21, 2007

OBC

I asked N way back if she would be willing to request a copy of Lil Princess' OBC so we could have a copy. She was very kind in saying, "of course." For whatever reason, she hasn't been able to get down to the county clerk's office to get it. So, earlier this week I asked her if she wanted to go together to do it today and she said, "yes."

After picking up Lil Bug from school, we headed over to get N. We were supposed to go straight to the clerks office, but I had to change the plans when I realized that Bug is most likely coming down with a bladder infection again. So, we headed to the lab to deposit a urine sample. Then we headed home for Bug to take a nap (she is NOT pleasant to be around if she doesn't get her nap!). We ate lunch at the house and just visited.

It was a unplanned, relaxed, wonderful visit with N. We laughed, shed a couple of tears and talked a lot. She got to see Lil Princess starting to sit up on her own, eating some rice cereal and playing with her new toys. Did I mention how wonderful the visit was??? :)

After Lil Bug woke up from her nap (the 2nd time...she had a nightmare in the middle that really had her wound up) we loaded up the girls and headed to the clerks office where we marched in and politely requested copies of the OBC. We were unsure if we would be able to get them as TPR was signed eons ago, but since we have not finalized, it was easy as pie. The lady behind the desk knew who each of us were and addressed N as mom, which was good. :) She handed over two copies of the OBC and away we went.

I am so relieved that Princess will have this document. Since she will always know N, I am not sure if she will find the value in it or not, but I do know that if she wants it, she has it. If we were unsuccessful today, she would never have access to it as the current Michigan laws would not allow her access when she was older.

I am so happy right now. :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

That is great!!

I really wanted Widget to have hers but as far as I know L never requested a copy. I even offered to take her to get it but she never asked me to :(

I'm very happy for Lil' Princess!

Jake and Emily said...

So glad you got this important document for your Lil Princess...and glad that you & N could do it together.