Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's rare, but I was at a loss for words!

Let me set the scene for you. It is Christmas morning. We are at my parents house. My sister brought her rottweiler puppy (9 months and about 90lbs) to enjoy the festivities. Everyone has opened their presents and most of the family is now in the kitchen, making the wonderful Christmas breakfast.

Lil Bug is sitting in the middle of the living room floor, playing with one of her new favorite toys. She looks up and sees Yenko (the rotty) standing in front of her. He is looking the same direction as Bug, but in front of her, so essentially, Bug is looking at his behind. He has no tail, so his bottom is fully exposed.

Lil Bug is looking at Yenko very strange and kind of tilting her head a little. Finally, after much thinking and with a confused look on her face she louding asks, "Mommy, why he have two balls right there?"

My sister, her boyfriend and I were all shocked...dead silent (if you know my sister and me, silence is a rarity!!!). Then we all broke out laughing. I couldn't come up with anything to say, so finally, after she asked me for a second time I told her, "go as your nana!" Bug was on her way to the kitchen to inquire when by the grace of God, she was distracted by some other toys and completely forgot all about her anatomical question. Thank God!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Steph said...

LOL. I needed that laugh more than you know. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!

Anita said...

ROFL!!! Spewing popcorn all the way!

Jake and Emily said...

"Go ask your Nana!" Classic! :) HAHAHAHA

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for the chuckle!

Min

LL said...

very cute story! Toys are a great distraction...although it would have been funny to hear nana's reaction!