Wednesday, July 2, 2008

An award??? Well, thank you very much! :)

A big thank you to Lisa who has honored me with an award from Arte y Pico. Lisa has been a Voyage follower for a long time and I appreciate her friendship, blogship and words of encouragement. Also, check out her blog...she and her hubby are this close to being a waiting adoptive family. WOOHOO! And, for those that are curious...they are going to make awesome parents!!!

And the rules to go along with this award are:
1. Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award (http://arteypico.blogspot.com/)

Ok, so my five picks are...

1) Rachel @ maydaygirl - after a roller coaster of emotions and medical intervention, she is nearly 1/2 way through her first pregnancy. She is a riot to read.

2) Lee @ bert, bean, rockstar & schmoozer- She is an awesome mommy to her crew of kids (some of which have special needs)

3) Sherri @ From the mind of a bmom- One of the coolest people I have ever met! I adore her and don't spend nearly enough time talking to her anymore :( Oh, and she is a birthmom (duh! Like you couldn't tell from the title of her blog.)

4) Anita @ Meek, the Jerks and Me-She was already given the award by Lisa, but I wanted to list her here too...her blog is funny, emotional, educational and loving. She rocks and I cannot wait until her child(ren) are home with her forever!!!

5) Sarah @ elliskees...a new day- Sarah and her husband and son experienced a loss far greater than anything I have experienced...they lost their beautiful little Ellie to childhood cancer. I have followed her blog for a long time and if you take the time to read, you will find that Sarah is a woman of faith...a child of God. She is inspirational, witty and beautiful, both inside and out.

I want to thank each of these woman for opening their hearts with me (and all the other readers). Because of your words, I am a stronger woman.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow thank you! I am so honored :) And SJ is one of my favorite blog people too!! Such an awesome person!

Anita said...

To quote my favorite 3 year old "Tanks!" Thank you for putting me in with such an esteemed group of people! :)

HLM

LL said...

Awww Angie! i am an emotional wreck today between the adoption stuff and seeing my nieces this past weekend...thanks for the sweet sweet words!