Friday, April 18, 2008

Cautiously optimistic

I just received an email from The Designer's aunt asking if I had heard anything about an experimental surgery being done in Detroit. It is a nerve-rerouting surgery for children with Spina Bifida. Seven children from around the country have gained bladder control back compliments of this surgery.

Do you know what that means? Do you? AGGHHHH!!!!!! I am so stinkin' excited because that means that there is something out there for us to explore for Lil Bug. She might not have to be catheterized every 4 hours for the rest of her life. Oh my goodness! OH. MY. GOODNESS.

Yes, I know that this doesn't automatically mean Lil Bug is a candidate, but this does mean that so far 7 other children are experiencing a whole new life thanks to this surgery and it means that Lil Bug might benefit too.

I emailed the coordinator of the study asking for details. I hope she responds sometime next week. Until then, I will pray that if this is Gods will, something will happen so that Lil Bug will benefit from this as well.

3 comments:

LL said...

What a wonderful opportunity for Lil Bug! I pray that you hear good news and that she is accepted to the study! best wishes!

nush said...

Thats awesome!!!!

Steph said...

Hope you get a response soon