Friday, February 20, 2009

The voice of truth

It seems like everything in the news is depressing. The world seems in mass confusion. The economy is disgustingly strained. Unemployment is almost to double digits nationally. Ethics are compromised by greed. We lie, steal, cheat, and murder and more every day these things become increasingly acceptable.

It is easy to see why depression is escalating. It is easy to see why so many are afraid of getting out of bed or looking beyond today. By all appearances, life is bad right now. To find someone not concerned about the economy is a challenge.

I am a self proclaimed optimist. Sure, I have my moments of darkness, but they are so infrequent and when doubt, confusion and depression rears its ugly head, I am able to find my happy place again quickly.

Having a conversation with my loving Father is encouraging, refreshing. Praising and worshipping Him helps to put things into perspective. I don't live in the worlds economy. I live in His economy. I don't have to worry about tomorrow. He will care for my needs. One day I will reside with Him and all the cares of the world will be a distant memory, if even that. My life on earth is but a blip on the radar of eternity. That is encouraging to me. That is what makes me smile.

Today, as I realized I was falling into a funk the song "The Voice of Truth" by Casting Crowns continued to run through my head like a broken record. It is so relevant, so true. Please watch and listen and hopefully you will find a moment of peace as you hear His voice of truth speaking to you.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I love this song.

You are right about living in God's economy. God provides for his people.

As you know about Jeff and I. Just 3 short months ago we went from him losing a job, me finding one in 1 week, to us moving into our apartment this week.

He is great!

LL said...

Beautiful song.

I know where I would be without God...lost. It is so easy to get lost in funk, but He always pulls us out of it.