Monday, February 16, 2009

New ring update

So far, during my online search, I have only found one ring that I really, really just had to see in person. One day last week I went to take a look and after trying it on, I still really liked it.

The next step was to show The Designer the ring. On Friday he and I went to the store specifically to look at the ring. I tried it on. He looked at it. He made no comment about it one way or the other. We weren't prepared to make a purchase that night so after showing him, we left.

As we walked out of the store and he said, "I have to tell you this now because if I don't and you find out later, you will be very angry with me. I think that ring is EXTREMELY (very heavy emphasis on extremely) ugly. But, please, if that is the one you want, don't let that stop you from getting it."

So there you have it...I don't need The Designer to LOVE my ring, but I do not want him to HATE it either. If he feels that strongly about it, it is not the right ring for me. I haven't found anything else that I like enough to go look at in person, so for now, I will just repair the ring I have and continue to wear it. I like that ring just fine...I certainly don't need a new ring. For now I am no longer looking for a new ring. If one every jumps out at me as "The One" I'll definitely consider it at that time.

1 comment:

Anita said...

"EXTREMELY" ugly is hilarious to me. Next time show him online before going to the jewelry store. It would be sad for him to HATE your ring. Glad you didn't end up with something you both weren't certain of b/c he didn't voice his opinion.