Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Lil Bug moment to share

This morning I received a call shortly after Lil Bug left for school. It was her physical therapist, Mrs. S. I haven't spoken with her in a while, so it was good to touch base.

Part way into the conversation she said, "You must have really been working hard with Bug while you were on vacation."

Um, no? Not really?!?!

According to Mrs. S, when Bug saw her (for the first time in over 2 weeks) she got very excited and started shouting, "I have something very special to show you, Mrs. S. You are going to be so proud of me."

She then sat down in the middle of the room and proceeded to stand up all by herself. Now, for 99.99% of the people in the world, that is very normal, very expected...but for Bug, it was yet another miracle.

Up until that moment she has always had to pull herself up to a stand using the couch, someones leg, a chair, whatever she had access to. If she fell while walking unaided, she would usually crawl over to something sturdy and pull herself up. But apparently last week that all changed.

Now here is the weird part of this story...we have NOT been practicing that. Not at all. While we were on vacation she basically stayed in the stroller the entire time. I'm the one who "works" with Bug during the day to practice getting stronger and learning things and I have not focused on standing up alone. So, how did she know that morning that she could do it? She was so sure when she saw Mrs. S. She knew without a doubt that she could do it, but why? I could understand if we had been working on it to 'surprise' her, but we hadn't...so how did she know?

When she came home from school today I asked her to show me how she stands up by herself and she did it, no problem. I, of course, celebrated (shrieking, dancing, thanking God, the whole-nine-yards) and she celebrated with me. I told her that I didn't know she could do that and she simply said, "I know you didn't know...but I knew I could."

How did she know? I have an idea. I'm sure it is a similar story to her "God told me to walk, so I got up and walked" story. But I don't want to flat out ask her because I don't want to lead her one way or another...so I'll just wait patiently for it to surface.

In the meantime I have been thanking God over and over again. Thank God for the miracles that he continues to bestow upon our family, upon my Bug. He is so good to us...so good. Not just sometimes, but all the time.

I have no doubt that she will continue to have miracles in her life. She is a very blessed little girl.

5 comments:

Erin said...

She is an amazing little girl. Raised up for such times as these. I can't wait to see where she is going and how many lives are touched for Christ because of her faithful and miraculous witness!

Anonymous said...

Praise God! That's amazing!

Nicki said...

You would not believe the response I got when I used that part of Grace's story as part of my baptism testimony... it was incredible! Can't wait for you to see it, hopefully I will be getting the DVD soon! That is amazing, she is a very special little girl!

LL said...

Glory be to God! I love these stories. God certainly has laid his hands upon Lil Bug!

Mommy said...

You certainly have a little piece of heaven at home with you! I love to hear of her progress and I pray that she continues to surprise you day after day!!