Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a sweetie!

The Designer and I don't get to spend as much time together as we would like these days. Between his work schedule and our beautiful children, alone time is very rare.

About a month ago he left a card for me to "find" after he had already gone to work. I opened and found a sweet note saying, "Thank you so much for being such a wonderful wife and mother. The impact you are making on our kiddos will last their lifetime. I know we don't get as much 1-on-1 time as we used to, but I'm still crazy about you. With love always, The Designer."

Inside the card were 2 tickets to a musical at the local play house. Last night was the night! We went to dinner with some friends and then to the musical "Grease." It was a fun, laid back night. I can't remember the last time we had a good night out, but last night was definitely worth the wait.

I hope it isn't that long before our next date night. :)

4 comments:

LL said...

so glad that you had such an awesome time and hoping that the next date night will be soon! What a sweet and loving husband!

Mama Bear said...

Grease!!! I am so jealous! sounds like a great night!!! oh Tag! if you have time come on over to my blog for a random meme!

Steph said...

Aww, that was sweet of him. Grease would be a fun play to watch.

Anita said...

I'm glad you got some much needed alone time! Sounds wonderful!!