Saturday, February 23, 2008

Really, I'm still here...

not sure there are many that read, so I am not sure I was "missed" anyway, but for the record...I AM BACK! :)

I was so sick for so long that now I have a pile of things to dig out from under. I am thankful, however, that I am finally feeling better. Both girls and the Designer are feeling better too, praise God!

The girls and I are leaving on Tuesday for Texas to visit my dad. I knew that we would have to cancel our trip if any of us were still sick because he is fairly medically fragile and I would hate to bring something down that would attack him. We are flying. Although I know it will all work out ok, I am still a little anxious about the logistics of traveling with a 3.5 handicapped child and a 6 month old infant. I will ask for help when necessary and all will be ok.

I am also a little anxious about my visit with my dad. We get along ok, but we definitely don't always see eye-to-eye and we have been known to argue because of it. I don't like that I will be "trapped" as I won't be renting a car. However, if it gets really bad, I will most definitely be renting a car and possibly a hotel so that the girls and I can escape. Honestly, I don't think it will get that bad, but that could just be wishful thinking?!?!?!

While at my dads I will not have internet access (unless I find a library) so I will be gone for a while. Miss me while I'm away, ok? :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still here and I HAVE missed you! I am so bummed out to hear that you all had the bug for weeks...I've had it for five days and I desperately need to see a light at the end of this tunnel!

Glad you're all doing better now, though!

Your readership has to be better than mine...since I went private, I now get fewer than 20 hits a day, and some of them are me checking in on my own site to post something(used to be over a hundred a day). Heh. Good thing I'm motivated to write anyway. *grin*

Love ya and have a good trip to TX. Be safe!

Min

LL said...

So glad that you are feeing better! My mom has been sick for a few weeks now, just can't seem to get rid of it..so I am very happy to hear that all of you seem to be healthy once again!

Have a safe and happy trip! I will keep you, your family and your dad in my prayers!

Steph said...

I have your blog on my google reader and come by whenever you post something new.

Praying for your upcoming trip to visit with your dad.

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

Sometimes it takes me a few days, but I always stop in and read every word. I think blogland in general is very slow, maybe we all have the winter blahs.

Have a good visit with your Dad and enjoy the heat of TX! HLM