Sunday, May 31, 2009

Back on the "I want to move" train

I want to move! Although I think Michigan is pretty, it is not where I want to live. I think the winters are WAY too hard for Lil Princess. She can't walk on the snowy, frozen ground unaided...it's hard enough for her to walk on dry, level ground!!! I don't like to be cold. I don't mind snow, but unfortunately, cold seems to be partnered with snow, so whatcha gonna do? I don't like how gloomy it is here. Denver averages over 300 days of sunshine annually. I got use to that very quickly! I don't know the number of days of sunshine Michigan averages, but I'm thinking if I did know, it would be depressing.

The only positive about living here is that we live near the girls' extended family. I don't mean to minimize that, because that is important. So important, in fact, that we moved back here from Colorado for that very reason. But, as the girls get older and don't need to spend so much time with their extended family members, I would love to move them south...I'm not particularly picky, but since my BFF lives in TN, that would work nicely! :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love where I live! Low cost of living, most recession proof city in the country, beautiful weather, lots of sunshine, just the occasional tornado! And the most friendly people in the country!

nush said...

dont move!