Thursday, March 19, 2009

Salvation, Part Deux

I wanted to share more of the story of Lil Bugs salvation last week, but I didn't have time to type more at that moment and then we were without internet for a few days.

Here are the details.

Lil Bug is a very spiritual being. She loves to read the Bible and talk about Jesus and Heaven and anything else she can think of to talk about. She loves going to Sunday school.

I have spoken with her several times about salvation and everytime I tell her that when she is ready, her daddy or I would love to pray with her to ask Jesus into her heart. We talked about what that means...what she is being saved from...the importance of it, etc. Every single time she always says, "Bug mom! He already lives in my heart!" Being that I want to make sure she is not missing an important step, I continue to discuss the details of salvation with her.

Last Thursday she was in bed and we were getting ready to pray. I always ask her to think about her day and identify things that she should thank God for. We discuss those things. Then I ask her to think about her day and identify things she needs to seek forgiveness for. We discuss those things. Then we pray for her family members.

After discussing all these things she said she was ready to pray and ask Jesus to be her Savior. We prayed together and she was full of joy as she made it official.

Immediately after we finished praying she said, "Mommy, I need to pray and ask God to forgive me for my sin. I didn't listen to you at lunch and first I need to ask God to forgive me and then I need to ask you to forgive me so don't leave while I pray, k?" All smiles, I said, "of course!" and listened as she prayed. When she finished she apologized for being a stinker at lunch (several hours earlier) and, of course, I forgave her.

She is growing up so fast. I've had a lot of prayers pertaining to my Lil Bug since before she was born, but the one thing that I have prayed more than anything else (even her healing!) is that she would find the Lord at an early age and live out her days according to His plan. Thank you, God, for answering my prayers once again.

My prayers still continue for Lil Princess. I know she will have a great example to learn from in her big sister.

1 comment:

LL said...

I think it is so wonderful that she became a Believer at such an early age and that you encouraged her and taught her about Jesus.