Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not sure what else to say...

We have been consumed with the yuckies around our household for so long that I feel like everything else has been put on hold. As a result, I really don't have a lot to say. I guess for entertainments sake, I'll ramble on for a bit and see what happens.

Lil Bug is doing well. She still really enjoys school. She will be going into Young 5's next year rather than Kindergarten. I think she will have a better opportunity for success at the Young 5's level since she will have to work extra hard to physically keep up. Also, I like that she will have two more school years before she will go full days. I'm hoping that by the time she goes to 1st grade she will not need to be cathed any longer. However, if she does, I'm thinking she will be able to learn to do it herself and I won't have to allow others to do it for her.

She has done amazingly well on the two road trips we've taken in the past month. She is so content with just paper and markers. Seriously, you can spend hours drawing and writing. She is her daddy's daughter! I often times find myself thinking about her future. What will she be when she grows up? With her physical limitations, she does have some limitations on her career choices, but for the most part she can do anything she wants. She says she wants to deliver babies for a living. But, as I watch her write and draw and create stuff, I wonder if she will be more in the language and arts field. Time will tell. The awesome thing is that God already knows what she will do.

Lil Princess is finally feeling better. The only evidence of a her long fight with the nasties is an occasional cough. She is still being retrained to sleep through the night. For several weeks she was up coughing or vomiting or both that she thinks it is perfectly alright to wake up to drink or play at 2am. We're working on nipping that one. Mommy likes her sleep too much!! :)

I started taking Princess to music classes a couple weeks back. She loves them, of course. She is my musical girl! She loves to sing and dance. It is awesome! She really does her own thing while at the music class, but she is listening to what is going on because she will try to sing the songs along with Ms. J.

A couple months back The Designer (along with everyone at his firm) was told that changes would be coming around the beginning to middle of May. Some possibilities include shortened work weeks or pay cuts. Since he is salaried, I'm not sure how all of this works, but I'm guessing we'll know soon enough.

As a result of the above possible changes for the Designers job, I accepted a summer class. I do not normally teach summers because Michigan summers are way too short and who wants to work if you play with the kids? But, after prayer and discussion we decided that if I had the opportunity to pick up a class, I should. So I will be teaching the 2nd session, which doesn't begin until the end of June and goes until the beginning of August. It will be 2 nights a week. It will go fast and bring in some extra money, so all is well.

Recently I learned about some opportunities at the college. The Designer and I are in prayer and discussion about it. I'll share more later.

My etsy shop has slowed down a bit, but that is partly my own fault. I haven't been sewing much with everyone sick so I haven't added new product to my shop in a while. I have a few craft fairs coming up this summer. One of them is huge. It is two days and brings in between 75,000 - 100,000 shoppers. It is tied to a HUGE festival that draws tourists from hundreds of miles away. I have never done this show before so I have no idea what to expect, but I'm hoping it brings lots and lots of sales!!! I have another good size show just two weeks after that. Hopefully I can clear out my sewing room. Due to law changes I'm not sure if I'll continue with my shop after the summer. Time will tell.

Well there it is, my life in a nutshell. Exciting, right? LOL Hopefully the next time I write I'll have something substantial and attention grabbing.

No comments: