Monday, October 20, 2008

"God told me it was time to walk, so I got up and walked."

I am still working on figuring out just what to write about this, but wanted to get it out there sooner rather than later if for no other reason than to use this blog as a diary of sorts. Since I don't write anything down anywhere else, this serves as my memory.

Ever since Lil Bug was born I have always sensed there is something different, something special about her. I know that all people feel that way about their children and to be honest, I am not sure if what I feel is the same as all other parents or not.

From the moment she was born I knew she was blessed by God. I also knew we were blessed by God to have her.

She has always had a hunger to know more about Jesus. Since she was old enough to talk, she would pray. She begs to hear stories from the Bible and we have read through it already once in her short life and we are working on going through it again.

She knows things that I wouldn't expect a child her age to know...things about Jesus, things from the Bible. She listens very well and remembers all the little details. It is almost eery what she can recall.

One day my friend was over with her son and daughter. Her son, L, has several brain damage and is unable to sit up, talk, eat (he has a feeding tube), etc. Lil Bug said to my friend, "when I get older I will be able to hold L up all by myself and then you can have a little break. My friend said, "hopefully by the time you are big enough, L will be able to sit up on his own." Lil Bug responded, "YES! That would be a miracle and would be wonderful. Lets pray to God now and he can answer our prayers." So Lil Bug laid her hands on L and prayed. My friend got tears in her eyes and thanked Lil Bug for caring enough to stop her play to pray for her good friend, L. My friend was babysitting as I was at work and missed this entire encounter but from what my friend told me, it was very sweet. Lil Bug didn't think anything of it.

Lil Bug often talks about playing with Jesus. She says, "When I die and go to Heaven Jesus will play with me. We will have so much fun." She is never scared of death and talks about Heaven as if she already knows what to expect. She has even mentioned 'her' angels in the past.

The other day I was dropping Lil Bug off to school and as we were getting out of the care I realized that both she and I forgot to put her glasses on before we walked out the door. I told her teacher I would be right back with her glasses and ran home to get them. When I returned Bugs physical therapist was working with another student near the front door. She said she wanted to talk to me about the things she has been working with Bug on. She ran through some things, some concerns, etc. Then she said, "I asked Bug why she decided to start walking a couple of weeks ago. She was very confident in her answer, which was, 'God told me it was time to walk, so I got up and walked.' and I said, who am I to argue with God?" :)

I know without a shadow of a doubt that God speaks directly to people. I know this. I don't question it. However, for Bug to be hearing God that clearly for some reason just blows my mind. I know she has a special relationship with her Maker. I know that she loves her God. I am so thankful for this. I really, truly am. I just hope that I never mess up her innocence, her beliefs. I want her to hold onto that relationship so tight and never let go. I don't want my imperfections as her mom to intervene with her perfect God.

Being a parent is an awesome responsibility, but I feel the responsibility on The Designer and I to not screw her up is HUGE.

I'm such a lucky mom!

8 comments:

Erin said...

That is amazing! What an awesome powerful faith!

LL said...

Gosh. I am speechless, tears brimming my eyes. God is certainly using her and she is listening. She is going to do amazing things and touch so many people.

Mommy said...

I've been waiting for this post. I have no doubt in my mind that you are parenting one of God's most special little Angels :)

Harmony said...

Bug truly is a child of God. I love reading about her faith and now her talks with God. She is going to be a wonderful young lady when she grows up.

Andrea said...

Amen,

God will use Faith like hers to lead many to him...Thanks for sharing a bit of your little on with us.

Anita said...

It is truly divine, Bug and her relationship with Jesus. Beautiful.

Nicki said...

OMGOSH. Tears, tears of joy, for you and your amazing little girl! I feel so blessed that my little miracle has your little miracle for a big sister!!! I can wait to see what God is going to do through her, and I'm sure it will be absolutely AMAZNARY!!!

Anonymous said...

She is a consecrated little girl for sure. What a great story and a powerful testimony.

I can so relate to not wanting to mess up my kids' faith. Don't worry, God has clearly had Bug in His powerful hands and there's nothing we can do to mess that up.