Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm sorry and here's an update

I have to start out this post with an apology...I'm sorry. I'm sorry to those that are worried about me. I'm sorry to those that have needed me and I haven't been around.

Thanks to all of you who have called, emailed and left comments inquiring about our wellbeing.

You see, I haven't just been absent from blogland, but I have been rather absent in real life as well.

To start, I'm doing well. The girls are doing well. The Designer is doing well. There, got that out of the way.

Now, what have I been up to, you ask? Let me think...

Oh, I know, I'll make a list of highlights and low lights from the past couple of weeks to get you all up-to-date.

Highlights
* Lil Princess is EXTREMELY mobile! (see also lowlights)
* The girls and I did a walkathon a week ago for the national kidney foundation.
* We have been outdoors a lot recently. The girls love to be outside.
* We took our first trip of the year to the zoo and had a picnic lunch a couple of days ago. That was fun!
* I'm all done teaching for the summer...woot! They called and asked me to teach a summer class 2 nights a week, but The Designer reminded me that summers are entirely too short around these parts and to just enjoy my time off.
* We're going "camping" this weekend...it will be Lil Princess's first camping experience.
* Lil Bug is doing fabulous with her forearm crutches...she is getting speedy!
* We have been working on getting Lil Bug on a bowel management program (fancy words for timing when she has a BM) and that is going well...we are going to try big girl underpants soon!!!
* The Designer has NOT been working overtime, so he has been home more lately. That is nice.
* Speaking of The Designer...not sure if this goes on the highlights or low lights, but Lil Princess is a HUGE daddy fan...she will not let me hold her if he is in sight. Now I know how he felt when Lil Bug was little...she did the same, just preferred me over him.
* My Luckybug carriers are selling, selling, selling! I have had lots of special orders. It is fun! I am hoping to add a variety of products, but the carriers haven't slowed down enough for me to try out the other ideas I have just yet.
* Although I am not a huge Kenny Chesney fan, I am excited to be going to his concert this week on Wednesday.
* Planning on a long weekend trip to Chicago with my girls and my mom. My mom has never been to Chicago before (even though it is only 3 hours from here by car) and we are meeting up with some other friends that are involved in the world of adoption. Looking forward to it.

Low lights
* Lil Princess has ANOTHER ear infection. She has been on antibiotics for a couple of days and is finally starting to return to her normal, delightful self.
* Lil Princess is MOBILE! She crawls very fast now. She heads straight for the dogs ball (she has her own, but prefers the drooled, nasty one!) and straight for the DVD player and TV (which are low enough for her to reach).
* I have been out of touch with some of my dear friends. I hope they all know that I am not avoiding on purpose, just needing to address some personal issues in my life.
* The Designers grandfather (in Florida...his dads dad) had a major stroke a couple of weeks ago. They didn't think he would make it through, but he is actually out of the hospital and in a rehabilitation center.
* The Designers step-grandmother (in the Upper Peninsula...his moms step-mom) is dying. She "disappeared" about a week ago, no one could reach her. His uncle drove the 9 hours to get to her house and couldn't find her so he went to the hospital and discovered she is there. She has COPD and Pneumonia...she is refusing to see anyone and is refusing the treatments she needs besides the little oxygen things up the nose. They doesn't expect her to make it out of the hospital alive.
* The Designers uncle has Parkinsons and it is getting VERY bad. Not sure what the process of that disease is, but he seems to be going downhill so very quickly. He has had the disease for several years.
* Have been out of touch with Lil Princess's birthmom. Thinking about her a lot and hoping all is well. We have played phone tag recently and haven't touched base. Wish she would leave me a message when she calls. :( (If you are reading this, N, leave me a message next time, ok?)

I'm sure there is plenty more to "report" but that is all I can think of right now. Lil Bug is at school and Lil Princess is taking a nap so I am going to clean up the house a little while I have the chance.

Love to you all!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a LOT going on for you and your family. Praying for you.

Love,
Min

LL said...

Praying for you friend! Thanks for catching me up..you have a lot going on. Love the highlights...although camping might be included in my lowlight ; )

prayers for the family dealing with the illnesses.

YAY for the successful business!

SJ said...

Hey friend :) That is a LOT to deal with. Overall it sounds like things are going well though. I miss you and the girls very much. Hope we can talk soon, but if not I know you miss me too! ;) lol

nush said...

hey ang, good to hear your hanging in there! sorry to hear about all the family stuff! I've been wondering how you've been, just assumed you were crazy busy with the girls! we've been crazy busy too so no worries! hope to hear from ya soon!
love ya!

Anita said...

Friend, I hope things are even-ing out some. Life does get so hectic at times, huh? It's hard to just go through the motions of every day life when there's so much on your mind. Thinking of you! HLM